Dual Enrollment
MDC-M-DCPS List of Approved Dual Enrollment Courses


Dual Enrollment Guide

What you need to know

  • You must have a 3.0 unweighted grade point average.
  • You must be at least in the 10th grade.
  • You must have prior approval from your parent/guardian, your counselor, and your principal.  Without it, the school is under no obligation to accept credit.
  • The grade you receive will be posted on your high school transcript, regardless of whether or not you are pleased with the grade you received.
  • You must meet all college or university admission requirements, including passing a placement test, if necessary.
  • You may enroll in a maximium of two courses per semester and maximum of twelve credits per year.
  • The Dual Enrollment course must meet a high school requirement and must be in conjunction with your overall post-secondary plan.
  • The course fee is waived by the college/university,  and the instructional materials (textbooks only) are paid for by the District.
  • You are responsible for transportation to and from the college/university.

What You Need To Do

  • Consult with your high school guidance counselor to determine eligibility.
  • If you are eligible, request a Dual Enrollment Authorization Request Form from you counselor, fill out the top portion, sign it, and date it.
  • Take the form home to your parents/guardians and have them sign and date it indicating their support and approval.
  • Obtain a registration catalogue from the college/university in which you wish to enroll so that you may begin meeting all of the admission requirements. If a placement test is required, you must make arrangements to take the test and pass it before you may enroll.
  • Obtain a course catalogue from the college/university in which you wish to enroll and meet with your high school guidance counselor.  Choose courses based upon your high school credit needs and your post-secondary aspirations.
  • Have your counselor complete the middle portion of the form, the bottom portion containing the course name and number, and sign and date the form.
  • Your counselor will then request the approval and the appropriate signature from your principal.
  • If approved, you should pick up the completed form from your counselor, leave the gold copy with him/her, and take the rest of it with you to the college/university in which you are enrolling.
  • When you have completed the class, you are responsible for providing your school with a copy of the transcript in order to receive credit.

Miami Dade College Dual Enrollment Procedures

  • Click on the Miami Dade College approved dual enrollment course list link on the left-hand side of this page for a list of all classes that you are eligible to take.
  • Print that list and highlight classes that you may be interested in.
  • Find out if the classes you want are open.
  • Go to the MDC main website: www.mdc.edu
  • Click on Current Students.
  • Scroll down and click on Search for Classes.
  • Provide your counselor the course information for each class for approval.
  • Your counselor will get the forms you need approved and meet with the MDC Dual Enrollment Coordinator.






Barbara Goleman High School : 14100 NW 89 Avenue : Miami Lakes, Florida 33018 : 305-362-0676 : Fax: 305-827-0249