Barbara Goleman's Athletic department offers 14 boys varsity sports and 12 varsity sports for girls. We have numerous district titles in girls softball, girls volleyball, boys soccer, bowling, and baseball.
Individual state champions in wrestling, and regional champions and final four participants in baseball.
Barbara Goleman Senior High has great facilities such as a new track, new softball and baseball fields and a newly refinished gymnasium floor.
Our Girls' Volleyball team leads the School in District Titles (97, 98, 99, 01, 02).
What's Happening in Gator Athletics
- For students wishing to participate in athletics for the 2016-17 school year there is a new pre-participation physical exam form. This form is available in the Main Office, from your prospective coaches, and on the school’s website.
- Students will also be required to purchase M-DCPS required Student Athletic Accident Insurance, prior to the first day of practice relative to the sport that they will be participating in: Football Insurance, Non-Football Athletic Insurance. The student will only be able to purchase the insurance if they have turned in a valid physical form and are eligible for athletics, as determined by the Athletic Director.
- Pre-Participation Physicals: On June 28, 2016 from 5:15 PM until 6:30 PM we will be hosting Free Pre-Participation Physicals for any student interested in athletics for the 2016-17 school year. Please be advised that the physical form must be notarized prior to the start of physicals.
- Barbara Goleman Senior High will be offering notarization of Pre-Participation Physicals on 6/28/16 in the Main Office Conference Room 4:00-5:30 PM for a $5.00 (cash) fee.
- All students attending the physical must dress appropriately in shorts, t-shirt, sneakers and glasses or contacts (if needed).
- Please be aware that the Required Pre-Participation Physical Packet is available below as well as in the Main Office or from the designated head coach.
- In November 2013, Baptist Health South Florida launched a free EKG screening program for M-DCPS high school student-athletes. These screenings are available, by appointment, at five Baptist Diagnostics Centers. Each EKG will be read by a pediatric cardiologist and follow-up procedures will be advised when applicable. Help prevent sudden cardiac death, encourage your athletes to call 786-573-6000 and request an appointment today!
- If You Are New To The Sport And Will Be Attending Please Inform The Coach Of The Sport By Sending An Email That You Can Connect To The Sport Page. If You Are Returning To A Sport Please Notify Your Coach That You Will Be Attending.
The Student Athlete Information Packet
The Student Athlete Information Packet is a PDF that can be filled in and printed from this link. You can also pick one up from your coach or the Athletic Training Room, 9-125, after school. The Pre-Participation Physical must be performed after June 30th of the current school year, unless they are completed here at the school. All packets when completed with all signatures should only be turned in to the Athletic Training Room after school until 2:45PM and 24 hours prior to the students first pratice. Gator Athletics Student Athlete Information Packat Form FM 3439 Rev. (5/16)
Required Athletic Training Policies
All students electing to participate in any type of athletic team must read the following document. View
Required Student Athletic Accident Insurance Coverage
Coverage and benefits information: English
Athletic Department Administration Team
Mr. Joaquin P. Hernandez